With the release of the 2014 Career of the Year doll, Mattel has added a new entry to Barbie's resume (which has been reconfigured in a slightly smaller font and runs just under 4o pages.) Entrepreneur Barbie will be courting investors this summer in hot pink career wear and sensible shoes. Just kidding! She wouldn't be caught dead in sensible shoes. But she does have a smartphone, a tablet and a little black briefcase full of hopes and dreams. Also, we imagine, lipstick, Starbucks receipts and a hot pink action plan:
1. Capital Raise: Wow investors in hot pink business suit and kick-ass plastic heels.
2. Get rid of under-performing Ken unit.
3. Market Research: Google "How to Start Your Dream Business on nothing but a Dream and $11 billion in market capitalization.
4. Leverage Harvard Business School contacts for face time with chairman prospects. Oprah? Hillary?
5. Exceed Quarterly Objectives in high style and kick-ass plastic heels.
"Underperforming Ken unit" is what Ken calls his manhood, isn't it?
Posted by: foolery | July 14, 2014 at 11:53 AM
Sigh. I've said it before. Anyone who has had a Ken doll knows he has no unit...
Posted by: nthnglsts | July 14, 2014 at 04:28 PM
Poor Ken. Just a little short of the total package.
Posted by: Suburban Kamikaze | July 15, 2014 at 05:10 AM
I don't know what's funnier..the post or the comments!
Posted by: Gigi | July 15, 2014 at 02:50 PM
Oh last year I made a gargantuan err-roar. I was the only male worker in a room of 10 female workers. Do you have any idea how many times I got corrected every day? At least 11. One day I got tired of hearing those big, tall, crazy weird high heels clapping around on the concrete vinyl tile floor and lost it and blurted out like I choked on something, "Could y'all walk a little more quietly? Y'all sound like a heard of dinosaurs!!" Even the birds stopped chirping. Man, the only good thing is that I refrained from making any references to shoes women wear on 42nd Street in New York. The only good thing.
Posted by: Audubon Ron | July 30, 2014 at 06:38 PM