The teenagers are manning the barricades in our house this week. Can you blame them? So much is wrong in the world. Let's just start with the snack situation and go from there:
1. There are never enough snacks in the house. And let's be clear about this: "Salad is not a a snack." Ditto for olives.
2. There is Too Much Singing: The 14-year old must be made to stop singing. It is driving her brother crazy.
3. No one should have to stop singing. He can just go to another room.
4. The parenting is incompetent. What kind of a mother can't even make a 14-year-old girl stop singing? Or tells a 14-year-old girl to stop singing? Either way, it is cause for complaint.
5. Shipping and handling should not count as part of an Internet shopping spending limit.
6. We are tired of being blamed for things we don't admit doing.
7. There are never enough clean towels. Even counting the ones from the guest bathroom.
8. We should be allowed to use the towels in the guest bathroom.
9. Stop blaming us for taking towels from the guest bathroom. We have no idea how they ended up on the floor of our rooms.
10. We are sick and tired of all of the rules we don't even follow.
Photo: A spokeswoman for the group plots her next super-cute dress purchase and chafes under unreasonable spending limits. "Can you just let me live for once?"
in related news: A critique of household rules by its teenage members